CJA Survey Results

Print vs. electronic: 70% of respondents already receive the journal electronically or would prefer to switch to electronic than pay extra for the print version. The remaining 30% would be willing to pay an additional fee for the print version, though many of them commented that they understand that the print version may be unsustainable.

Open Access: 71% of respondents indicated that it is very important (33%) or somewhat important (38%) that CJA begin to move towards Open Access. 22% indicated that it is neither important nor unimportant and 8% that it is not important at all.

Open Access Fee: 42% of respondents indicated they would pay an optional fee of $10/year to support making some CJA content open access. 29% would pay up to $5/year for that purpose. 29% would not pay an optional fee to support it.